My Consultation with a Holistic Nutritionist

First off, what is holistic nutrition anyway? Holistic nutrition includes consciously eating healthy foods that promote vibrant physical and mental health, while supporting a strong immune system and preventing disease. Healthy food and nutrient supplementation can also be used as medicine to control or reverse most health issues. 
 

Why is this important to me? 
I've been suffering from bloating, indigestion, pain and gas over the last few months. I wanted to find a natural way to combat the discomfort and inflammation I was experiencing. 
I had been trying things out myself, such as taking gluten out of my diet and minimizing bad carbs. This wasn't enough though and I continued to gain weight, retain water and bloat constantly. 
I met with an old friend of mine, Tyler Sarry who is a personal trainer. He suggested I get in contact with his girlfriend, Laura De Sanctis of Go With Your Gut, as she is a holistic nutritionist and specializes in helping women experiencing similar issues.
This past Thursday I met up with her in Starbucks downtown for a little over an hour. Previous to meeting, I had filled out a long questionnaire and a food diary for the last three days. She had reviewed them and familiarized herself with the issues I was having. 
Immediately we started noticing patterns in my diet and things that could be changed to better suit my diet because I am consuming too much or too little at specific times and it needs to change. 
The bottom line is there is not much need in our bodies for gluten, dairy or sugar. These three things cause inflammation, indigestion, bloating and gas, not to mention much more. 
So, for the next three weeks I am trying my absolute best to stick to eating healthier, smarter choices. 
I'm grateful I met with Laura. She told me many things I already knew but wasn't putting into practice. Sometimes you have to hear things from someone else in order to validate them and put them into action.
 

Comments

Popular Posts