Chia Seeds & Hemp Hearts

I've recently started adding chia seeds and hemp hearts to my oatmeal, protein shakes, fruit smoothies and salads. I had always seen those pretty smoothie photos on Instagram and thought, what is that and why are they adding it to their smoothies? There must be some sort of benefit if all these fitspo accounts are promoting them. 

Chia seeds are derived from the Salvia hispanica plant and grown for their seeds. There are many proven health benefits of consuming chia seeds, whether it be whole, sprouted or ground. Unlike flax seeds, you do not have to grind chia seeds to access their nutrition. You can eat them whole and still get the energy and nutrients from them. You can even just eat a spoonful straight, but they do tend to stick in your teeth as I realized last night.  
  • Loaded with Anti-oxidants
  • High in quality Protein
  • High in Fiber
  • Weight loss friendly
  • High in Omega-3 fatty acids
  • High in Calcium and other bone nutrients
  • Improvements in Diabetes Type 2
  • Improvements in exercise performance
  • Easy to incorporate in your diet
Another tasty and super nutritious food to add to your diet are hemp hearts. Hemp hearts have a mild nutty taste and pack a lot of health benefits as well.

  • High in quality Protein
  • May reduce symptoms in PMS and Menopause
  • Aids digestion
  • Increased energy
  • Reduce inflammation
  • Good for heart health and can lower blood pressure
  • Weight loss friendly
So how do I eat my chia seeds and hemp hearts? I simple sprinkle them over my daily protein shake, add them to my salads, sprout them in pudding or eat them straight up! They are delicious and I am so glad I started adding them to my diet. 


Comments

Popular Posts